Sunday, June 20, 2021

Hell in a Cell 2021 is TONIGHT!

            Hell in a Cell is usually held in October. Tonight will only be the second time in its history that it won't be. The other time that it was held outside of October was back in 2018. This is one of my absolute favorite pay-per-views from WWE. Let's get to the card for tonight along with predictions.

            The WWE Championship match between Bobby Lashley and Drew McIntyre will be held inside hell in a cell. This particular feud needs to come to an end. And I think that is exactly what the stipulation within this match is meant to accomplish. If McIntyre loses to Lashley, he will not be given another opportunity at the title as long as Bobby holds the gold. I am rooting for McIntyre all the way but I have a feeling that Lashley will retain. I further predict that he will then lose it at SummerSlam opening the door for McIntyre to go after it again in front of a live crowd. But to whom does the champ drop the title? I would love to see either Damien Priest or Jinder Mahal be the next thorn in the side of Lashley.


            Saving the women for last, let's look at Kevin Owens v. Sami Zayn. I predict that the conspiracy continues. Sami is such a great heel and Kevin knows how to give a great beatdown. This one is all KO.

            Next, Cesaro squares up against Seth Rollins. My vote goes to Cesaro here. He is a consistent hard worker and ever the underdog despite winning belts in the past. Seth Rollins easily commits to his character's evolution and will be, for the foreseeable future, one of the company's top guys. 

            A match that I'm really not interested in is Shayna Baszler v. Alexa Bliss. I do not like Alexa's current character but I'll watch just to see how Shayna tries to beat the evil out of her. I fully expect psychology mind games and interference with this particular match. As much as I want Shayna to walk out triumphant, I predict Alexa Bliss picks up the win.

            The Raw Women's Championship is on the line tonight. The current holder of the gold Rhea Ripley goes up against Charlotte Flair. I am always thinking about both the long and short game that WWE plays. Recently, multiple outlets have reported that Becky Lynch has been seen practicing at the performance center. It's been almost 7 months since she gave birth to her first child. Fans, me included, are always wondering when and where, she will make her return. I think that Rhea retains tonight but loses when Becky Lynch returns. This opens the door for a  Becky v. Charlotte match with a live audience.


            Bianca Belair's feud with Bayley is the last match on the card for tonight. I predict that Bianca retains. Belair won the title back in April when she defeated Sasha Banks. We haven't seen Ms. Banks since that loss. I suspect that she will be returning soon looking for an opportunity to reclaim the gold.  

            I am beyond excited for tonight. The snacks and drinks are on deck for what will be an insane evening. I will be watching fully expecting the unexpected. One person that I also hope will be watching is Adam Scherr, aka, Braun Strowman. The company did him dirty but it is important to be ready for when WWE corrects their mistake.  #BringBackBraun 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Open Letter to Jeff Hardy

               Endings are better than beginnings.               I grew up in a very dysfunctional household. My father is a gambler and my ...